Monday 9 May 2016

Butterflies & Blossoms

I truly believe Spring is the time for regrowth and new beginnings, not only in nature but within ourselves as well. This is why I have decided to get back into blogging after taking a hiatus. The break made it easier for me to finish up school (ignore the fact i'm taking summer classes), but it also gave me time to reevaluate what I want out of this blog, and where I see it going in the future.

That said, I decided to break out my butterfly print circle skirt I made last year, following the theme of rebirth and all.


I drafted the skirt out of a Pattern by Gertie, Butterick 5882. It's a retro-style pattern that contains a full circle skirt. I've made the full pattern before and trust me, with a crinoline underneath the skirt is huge! 

I paired the skirt with a black tank and black accessories to make sure the skirt was the main focal point (and so that I didn't look like a bright tropical bird). Colour in general kind of scares me, so black is my go-to when i'm wearing something this bold. 






Outfit Details
Skirt - handmade, drafted from B5882
Top - Forever 21
Bralette - Urban Outfitters
Shoes - Modcloth
Necklace - handmade

Photos by Matt Stinn


No comments:

Post a Comment