Monday 8 February 2016

Designer: Valentino


When I first stumbled upon Valentino's pre-fall 2015 collection (using galaxy inspired design elements) I was in absolute awe of the whimsical feel of the line. This started my whirlwind search of all of Valentino's collections. It is safe to say that my initial admiration has not faded.

The haute couture house pays such immense attention to detail, from the strategically draped lightweight fabrics that give their clothes an airy feel to the ribbon embroidery they place on top of it. I can only imagine how long one piece takes to make, even with a team of the best dressmakers on board. 

There is a certain theme that encompasses each collection. Examples would be the pre-fall 2015 line featuring space elements like I already mentioned, a line featuring tiny plague doctor masks if you look closely, and a dress telling the story of Adam and Eve.  




No comments:

Post a Comment