Monday 25 January 2016

Woodland Lace


I have a thing for lace. 

I think it has something to do with the soft, delicate feel it has when I slip it on. It brings to mind the pre-20th century antique aesthetic I love so much, although wearing modern lace has a little more durability than those of decades past. 

Sewing this dress was a breeze. It was a process that only took me a few hours in total to do. Nothing quite vexes me as much about sewing as having to iron every seam to lay flat as I go along, but with this stretch lace I didn't have to touch the iron once as the seams sorted themselves out on their own. I also got to leave the hem unfinished without the threat of the fabric unraveling, which gave the skirt a more breezy feel instead of adding more weight by hemming it. 

I paired this dress with woodland inspired accessories to fit the theme. The floral tights are a new take on the classic back seam tights, while the branch and acorn necklace from local boutique La Vie Lente was a perfect fit for my surroundings. 



 Outfit Details
Dress - Modified from Simplicity 1873
Tights - Urban Outfitters
Boots - Step Ahead Shoes
Necklace - La Vie Lente
Belt - Forever 21
Rings - Urban Outfitters

Photos by Matt Stinn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment